Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It's Warm in Cali

Let’s see, what do I have to talk about this week?

Oh right- there’s my kick-ass appearance at the Royal Rumble! YouTube - WWE - Rob Van Dam RVD Returns - Royal Rumble 2009 Check it out unless it's taken down before you get a chance. This came together at the last minute and worked out well for everyone, you included!

Besides the awesome RVD kicks flying everywhere, it was cool seeing everyone back stage. Yes- everyone. I also enjoyed knowing that these guys were driving on to Cleveland while I was flying back to Cali!

In a really therapeutic way, Sonya got a lot of energy from seeing everyone, and everyone seeing her. She’s amazing, and we know that she has inspired many of you, and myself also.

In Sonya’s first-ever blog, she’d like to thank everyone for all their personal efforts to participate in her healing.

------------

Hi Everybody!

I know this is long overdue so please forgive me, as you can imagine I’ve had a lot on my plate. I want to say THANK YOU to everyone that said a prayer for me, lit a candle at mass, held me close in your hearts and thoughts, sent me an email, or a card. I read them all! Many of them more than once. I want to thank all of you that shared your stories of hope and survival from this vicious disease. Thank you to those of you that sent gifts, they were all so thoughtful and kind. I love my plush animals filled with homegrown lavender, the plants and flowers, my mega gift basket stuffed full of amazing organic products, and my knitted with love lavender scarf. These are only some of the cool things you all sent. I can’t say thank you enough.

I’ve now finished chemo! YAY! My new mission in life is to enjoy every second of it cancer free. For those of you that have cancer in your family please get regular check ups, early detection is key. If you are due for a colonoscopy and you are scared, take it from someone that must get one every year, the prep is the worst part. Know your body and wear sunscreen! Most importantly, when life rains on you jump in the puddles and splash. Don’t wait until something like cancer comes along to illuminate your rainbows.


Much love and good health,

Sonya “SVD” Van Dam

------------

What else? Oh, did we talk about the movie? Next on my list of projects to attack is an action packed display of coolness called Wrong Side of Town. I’ve been in 3 martial arts movies so far-name them with me....Super Fights, Blood Moon and Black Mask 2, but this movie is starring RVD! Huge difference there! I should be able to handle it, seeing as how I’m an action hero in real life. More info on this forthcoming. I’m looking forward to filming RVD TV on the set for a few weeks to give you watchers the real back stage inside scoop! Filming starts in early February so I’m “prepping” for it now. Because of that...

RVD RADIO( which recently won the People’s Choice Award) will be taking a break from live shows for a few weeks. My awesome producer at blogtalkradio Nikki Starr will be filling in with some archives and will keep the chat room open for the regulars who look forward to our weekly gift of feeling socially adequate for 2 hours every Wednesday from 9-11(6-8 p.s.t.)

Noticed the new ROBVANDAM.com site?

It’s pretty sweet, huh?

More features-like videos from me or youtube or even my demo reel of action on the profile page!

While you’re checking out the new features, take a look at the RVD outfit that’s up for auction. When 5 Star Comics online store manager Tony Vela ( plug for ya, Ton!) told me that I gave him an outfit that’s been on trading cards and even an action figure, I almost wanted to take it back and trade it for another. Almost.

Also, take a look at RVD TV DVD Vol 1. This is the first of many to come, and an exclusive at ROBVANDAM.com. This is a sneak peek at a varied version of a DVD that will be in stores in the spring. Every DVD from my web site still comes with an autograph. Sweet!

Another of one of my many projects is a comic book that I wrote, which is materializing at it’s own pace. Here’s the deal. It’s a 4 book set and after 2 books, my artist had to leave the project. I need someone to replace him, but I really, really like his art work and I’m only interested in finding someone that can match his style-which you can see a sample of here.....final_page_11_.jpg 685×1023 pixels and final_page_12_.jpg 614×1024 pixels If you can hang, send in a sample to my webmaster at unkinddesigns@yahoo.com.

I heard the new RVD Classics action figure is due out in Spring. I hope they make a lot of them. I always noticed that my figures were hard to find in stores. I’m sure you noticed the same thing. There were plenty of certain wrestler’s figures but not mine. Hmm..You’d think they would’ve made more, but I guess they needed the room on the shelves for the others to hang. I think they felt the same way about my t shirts in the arenas. Ahh..the good ol’ days.

After filming Wrong Side of Town, Sonya and I will be on tour in France, where I’ll be wrestling for one of those select bookings that I take. This is not a green light for promoters to contact me about working in their flea markets. If you would contact any of the select promoters that I have worked with over the last couple years instead, I’m quite sure you’d have a different idea of RVD fitting into your budget.

What do you think? Enough news? No. I know you...you want to leave this blog thinking.

On our last RVD RADIO show-which you can still listen to-we talked about Power and Greed. We had Sabu, Spike Dudley, Fonzie, Officer X, Neil Kaplan and others on-hand to discuss the deep subjects. The thing with Greed for me is this. I want a big house. I want several big houses with millions in the bank. Is that greedy? As a dream chaser I find that I want to reach for the stars, and I believe that many people feel that you should only want what you need or you are sinning. Maybe I’m wrong. Where do you draw the line? Is it a sin to want a lot? If you already have a lot? More money? More sexual partners? More friends? More food? More happiness? More power? More Where do you draw the line between greedy and ambitious?

With power, I believe it can mostly be limited to having something that others want. That gives you power over them. If you can help them with a job, favor, whatever upgrade in life-you have power over them. If they don’t want what you have, there goes your power.

The guy that takes pride in the loud noises that his motorcycle makes when he’s revving it up thinks he’s cool because he has that power. I think it’s just obnoxious. He has no power over me. The power of influence is a good thing, and from our conversation we talked about my ability to empower others with positive energy. If I want a lot of power am I greedy?

Feel free to tell me what you think, you always do.

Back atcha real soon-

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU ROCK! Nice to see you back in the ring!

January 28, 2009 at 8:00 PM  
Blogger BradVanDam said...

So jealous of your nice weather up north here.

Long Time Fan, and i was absolutely blown away by your appearance at the royal rumble, i hope you get another run someday with a WWE Championship. Look forward to see the progress on that new movie your shooting, hopefully it gets released at all of the top places.

Your return gave me a lot of good energy, going into the week.

Thanks Again

Brad

January 29, 2009 at 12:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to SVD! I'm very happy to hear of your recovery. Your positive attitude is very inspiring.

And, RVD, can't tell you how great it was seeing you come out at the Rumble. I had recently started watching some of your DVDs again which just reinforced how there is, and always will be, only one RVD. When your music hit, it brought back the excitement for wrestling that I haven't had in a long time. It'd be nice to see you back regularly but do whatever makes you and your lovely wife happiest.

January 29, 2009 at 9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Rob, I hope to see you in the ring soon. My kids and I are huge RVD fans, and my Ex moved away so I dont get to see them much and todays economy Im one of those unemployed guys looking for a job but nobody seems to hire. But when u wrestle I know My girls r watching and I feel that much closer to them, with that said. I hope to see u on tv soon. Sonja, Congrats on the win

January 29, 2009 at 12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was good to see you wrestling again. I have always thought that you were very talented and creative. From one who has followed your career from the beginning, wrestling is not the same without you.

You asked about the difference between greed and ambition, and whether one’s desires might be healthy or sinful. I believe that one major distinction between the two is one’s underlying motives and intentions. For example, if you seek money and power for selfish and arrogant reasons, then your desires are arguably sinful. But if you look within and find that you want money and power to provide for your loved ones and help others by making a positive contribution to society, then your desires would be healthy.

My best goes to you and SVD.

January 29, 2009 at 5:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regarding greed and the need to show off your material possessions and/or power: there are too many people out there that are all looking for a way to express themselves. Unfortunately we don't really live in a world where everybody is equal and not everybody gets their say. Therefore they feel the need to make a mark in some way. Plato said in the Symposium that most men “are ready to run all risks greater than they would have run for their children, and to spend money and undergo any sort of toil, and even to die, for the sake of leaving behind them a name which shall be eternal.” These motorcycle people and those in the cult of materialism are just trying to find a way to make their mark before mortality sets in. Using consumer goods to achieve this end isn’t the answer and it makes them come across as shallow and dim.

Then again, without people buying inane products and consumer goods we get an economic slowdown, but that’s another ball of wax altogether.

Enjoy France and glad to hear that Sonya's well. As Crumb would say "Keep on Truckin'."

January 29, 2009 at 7:38 PM  
Blogger BradVanDam said...

great to hear that SVD is done her Keimo, 2009 is a new lease on life for her and she totally van terminated cancer.

January 29, 2009 at 8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rob I was in total SHOCK when I saw you at the Rumble. I did a split legged moonsault off the couch and monkey flipped some of the pillows as soon as your music hit LOL.

It was a top notch performance and you looked in shape! Hope to see you back in the WWE some day.

As for Sonya, great to hear your chemo is done. I wish you a quick recovery and a healthy life!


From The Netherlands,

Joey

January 30, 2009 at 2:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love ya RVD! Ever consider working for TNA, or are you pretty much done for good? If I were the booker, I would put the X-Division belt on you the minute you signed the contract!

God bless you and Sonya,
Ivan Franceschi

January 30, 2009 at 3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

RVD you are the best!!
THe Best !! Around !! NothinsGonnaEverKeepYaDown!! You're the Best Around!! Nothinsevergonnakeepyadown!!
........the karate kid theme should be your new- retro entrance music!
GOD BLESS THE VD's !!!

January 30, 2009 at 8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's awesome to see you back in the ring!! but why actually you don't wrestle anymore because you would beat them all :D and what about tag teaming with rey mysterio and jeff hardy :D awesome

January 31, 2009 at 7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As for your greed question ... I don't believe in it because it's subjective. The guvment might tell us what's being greedy via income tax schedules but you just try and tell them they're spending too much on the "American empire" and watch how quickly they turn on you. It all breaks down to the non-aggression axiom anyway you slice it. Greed is a myth. And I'm not talking about violating fiduciary agreements ... like Fonzie turning on you back in the day (j/k). Unless you're interfering in another's individual rights, then no one has the right to "regulate" your actions. And that goes across the board from weed to junk bonds.

Am I greedy for wanting to see RVD regularly perform on TV (instead of just one appearance at the Rumble which blew the roof off the joint)? Of course! But that in itself isn't an ethical violation ... forcing RVD to perform against his will would be. Now let's all just agree to bid as much disposable income as possible on that kick-ass air-brushed leotard.

(Tell someone at WWE to put out a best of Sabu DVD ... that sheez is still mind-blowing! Vince will never admit it but 90's ECW transformed the industry as much, if not more than, his corporate macro-approach). RVD! RVD! RVD!

January 31, 2009 at 9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey guys,
just thought i would say that it was good to hear from sonya and rob and that all is going better with your personal lives. and yes mr monday night can still get up there with the best of them. hope you return soon as i can only see yourself when you are on tv cause i live in australia. that is a bit to ask i know but i can only hope that when sonya is all healed and 100% then you are able to go back to flying the frogsplash.
cheers mate from all of your australian fans
T.L.G

February 1, 2009 at 12:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

rvd r u going back to wwe any time soon

February 3, 2009 at 11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when are you coming back to the wwe?
i was so pumped to see you at the rumble so i was hoping you'd come back officially

February 3, 2009 at 7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home