Tuesday, September 9, 2008

AUCTION

After graduating high school in 1989, I researched wrestling schools all over the country. I called any that I could get the phone numbers for and wrote those that I had addresses for. Some responded, some did not but I knew that I was going to follow my dreams and make it happen, no matter how much work it took. Saving up money from a list of crappy jobs, I booked my very first trip to visit a wrestling school near Boston. I had been talking with Walter “Killer” Kowalski on the phone and he had assured me that if I could get my way from Battle Creek, Michigan to Massachusetts, he’d give me a good “tour” of his school. This would be my first lone experience traveling anywhere, but I saved three hundred and some odd dollars for the flight and I went to pursue my dreams. I knew that Walter had trained Big John Studd, who was a big WWF Superstar, and that impressed me. Thinking back, Walter could not have been more hospitable to me. He picked me up from the airport, took me to my hotel, to the wrestling school, gave me a workout, and even drove me back to the airport. All this for some skinny 18 year old kid with zero to offer the business, or so it seemed. I’ll always remember how I wanted to wear my white tank top to the airport on my way home- you know- to show off my huge 180 pound frame! Walter had me change because he said it looked like I was wearing my underwear and I should dress nicer! After the visit, I went back to Michigan with big plans of saving my money and returning to Boston to pursue my career. It was while I was bagging groceries to earn money that I discovered the Shiek’s school 45 minutes from home. Shiek and Killer Kowalski both had great credentials, which is what I was looking for. Shiek would later tell me that both he and Walter were trained by the same guy- a man named Burt Ruby. The Shiek passed away a few years ago, and Walter has now joined him. These legends are not replaceable and their passing is a great loss to the entire industry.

This week I am auctioning off one of my wrestling outfits and the money raised while go to:

WALTER KILLER KOWALSKI MEMORIAL FUND

C/O CITIZENS BANK

876 MAIN STREET

MALDEN, MA 02148

ROB VAN DAM EVENT WORN WRESTLING DRAGON SINGLET RVD WWF - eBay (item 230289229716 end time Sep-14-08 16:40:10 PDT)



The auction site is new at 5 Star Comics and will continue with a new outfit for charity every week for awhile, and many other items too-including personally owned items and stuff from our old store. eBay Store - RVD 5STAR STORE:


We’re also rotating different items in the store so keep checking back and notice the sale on 8x10’s while you’re there!7

This year at the Comic Con in San Diego, I grabbed a comic called HEADLOCKED that I really enjoyed about the world of Pro Wrestling from the inside. I’ll have to get the follow up books to number one. Here’s a special incentive- Jerry Lawler draws the cover! Here’s some promotional information on the book:



Jerry Lawler To Paint Comic Book Cover For Dramatic Wrestling Series!



WWE Hall of Famer, Jerry “The King” Lawler has signed on to provide a cover for the critically acclaimed comic book series, Headlocked: The Tryout from AAM/Markosia and Visionary Comics Studio. Lawler’s fully painted cover will grace the first issue of the new mini-series, available now for pre-order in Diamond’s Previews and shipping in October. (Diamond Order Code: AUG083662)


Read the press release here:



www. visionarycomics. com



The book is available for pre-order from July 30th to August 27th. Because Headlocked is an independent comic book, it is recommended that you pre-order a copy as not all retailers order indy comics. And being that this issue features Jerry Lawler’s first published comic book work, this will definitely be a highly sought after comic once it hits the shelves. Reserve your copy today at you your local comic book store (www. comicshoplocator. com) or online (www. mailordercomics. com).



As a special promotion to help get people on board with the story, AAM/Markosia is putting the first issue, Headlocked: Work of Art online for people to read absolutely free.



http://www. wowio. com/users/searchresults. asp?nGroupId=[408]



For more information, please visit:

markosia

mike_kingston

Headlocked



So, I’m not sure if everyone understood the incredible occurrence I wrote about last week- how I read Necro Butcher’s blog, felt compelled to help him, wanted to meet and talk to him, and then ended up wrestling him before I made the call? That, friends, is the Law of Attraction and we use it every day, all day long. Sonya and I are both real good at pointing out small and huge “coincidences” that guide us through our lives. I’m often asked about my spiritual studies, and because of this, I am going to share some personal experiences, and this week, you get another big one. Ready?

With the RVD TV hard drive-filled with footage- lost in the mail, we had a situation last week regarding getting our episode up on Friday. Late Wednesday night, the thought hit me to look for this DVD that I had somewhere, of a speech I had given to some kids at a local park. The speech was filmed May 19, 2006 and I had never watched the DVD, but I remembered that someone had given me a copy of it after the event. Following my guidance, I was able to locate the DVD and was very pleased to see that the quality was excellent and would make a great episode for Friday. Thursday, I sent the DVD over night, and Friday my editor Michael Spatola calls to tell me he’s got the DVD and everything’s fine. An hour or two later, a television repair man knocks on my door- I had called him- and comes in to see what’s happening with our tv. The repair man introduces himself, and his assistant Anthony. “Anthony” he goes on to say” was at the Lomita Park when you gave that speech. Do you remember that?”

Unfuckingbelieveable!

The more you pay attention to life’s patterns, such as this, the more this will happen to you. Everyone knows this from experience and it’s the way the energy is shared and the way we grow from it. Having every day full of connections as the world gets smaller and smaller is amazing. The guidance becomes more obvious, and this is what I call living in the magic of life!

Sonya is still doing great! I’m always impressed with her strength and positivity. Week by week we get closer to putting these treatments behind us.

Check out all the RVD TV episode previews on YouTube at YouTube - RVDTV420's Channel

It’s really,really late and I’m signing off.

I leave you with a further attempt to teach you about the society we live in.

Enjoy the following from M.P.P’s( MPP Homepage )official newsletter:



Twenty years ago today, the Drug Enforcement Administration's chief administrative law judge issued a landmark ruling on marijuana — but our government has ignored this historic decision since the day it was issued.

"Marijuana, in its natural form, is one of the safest therapeutically active substances known to man. By any measure of rational analysis marijuana can be safely used within a supervised routine of medical care ... The evidence in this record clearly shows that marijuana has been accepted as capable of relieving the distress of great numbers of very ill people, and doing so with safety under medical supervision. It would be unreasonable, arbitrary and capricious for DEA to continue to stand between those sufferers and the benefits of this substance in light of the evidence in this record."
— DEA Administrative Law Judge Francis L. Young, September 6, 1988

Judge Young had just finished holding extensive hearings, in response to a petition asking for marijuana to be moved from Schedule I of the federal Controlled Substances Act, which bars medical use, to a lower schedule that would permit physician prescriptions. He heard from an array of expert witnesses, generating thousands of pages of documentation.

Young — the chief administrative law judge in the top federal agency responsible for enforcing our drug laws — laid out his findings in a detailed, 69-page ruling, walking readers through the scientific evidence in detail. He concluded that the law didn't just permit moving marijuana to Schedule II, but required it.

The response? Six years after top DEA officials rejected Judge Young's recommendation, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit ruled that the agency did had the right to ignore its own administrative law judge.

And as a result, seriously ill medical marijuana patients continue to be arrested, terrorized, and even have their children taken away — cancer patients living in fear of arrest for using marijuana to quell their nausea and help them keep food down ... AIDS patients using medical marijuana to ease the pain and nausea that too often are side effects of the drugs that keep them alive, terrified of losing their homes if caught ... tens of thousands of people turned into criminals simply for following their own doctors' advice.

Will you help? MPP is systematically working to end this war — state by state, vote by vote. We are making progress every day, but we need your help.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nihao RVD-san,

Just a quick hello. Thanks for the quote from Mr. Young. I'd been pondering what to put on the other side of the sign I'm gonna carry/wear in the Womens Walk this weekend. I'll have to see if that fits.

(The front of the sign is gonna say "I'm walking for..." and have the name of every cancer patient I've ever personally met, including SVD-san. Stay strong, SVD-san! It's a long journey but you're carried in our hearts.)

Wonder if the MPP has heard of Ipeace.com... And on the subject of random connections, wonder if the Sports Legacy Institute has been informed of the official existence of Chess Boxing yet. (www.wcbo.org) I keep meaning to drop them a note.

Thanks also for the mention of Headlocked, enjoyed reading it. Crashed the computer about five times but enjoyed it anyway. *laughs* Kinda suspect that others have been studying it too, which might help explain the lack of responses here.

Hope your RVD TV-filled hard-drive is located and returned to you intact. Hope the auctions for charity go beyond awesome, in spite of the bizarre financial times.

Please forgive the general randomess of this whole post. It's just this kind of a day. Plus time is limited.

I envy the enlightened people who...find and choose and realize their pathes... I've never really had that spark of passion for a direction. Yet. I'll have to pay more attention.

Courage and Peace!

~CalmMountain

September 18, 2008 at 11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home