Tuesday, May 6, 2008

update on Sonya

Hello everybody. We want everyone to know that Sonya’s surgery went well and she’s back home recovering now. I’ve had her home for one week and after a few miserable days, she’s making her comeback. The misery was due to what they called “post-operation illis”. After the surgery to remove part of her colon and attach the loose ends, her body took a few extra days to swell intensely, which caused bruising and a lot of discomfort- to say the least. We got her checked out and soon afterwards, swelling went down and everything has been getting better day by day. At this point, we don’t know what kind of therapy treatment we’re facing but whatever they say to do-we’ll do it. We really appreciate all the support that you have been sending our way. The love, prayers, and positive energy made it all the way, as Sonya and I read every comment on my Myspace together and received the attended lift.

All the phone calls, texts, emails and other genuine, straight hearted messages mean a lot to both of us.

Now let me grab Sonya for you. SONYA...?




“Once again you fans have been amazing during challenging times. I still have the cards that I received from the jet-ski accident and I can never forget all the kind wishes. Your personal stories have given me strength in the knowledge that I am in no way alone in this battle, when it can be difficult to keep spirits up. I want to thank all the friends, family and fans that are going through this with us.”




---SVD




We will have an update for everyone at the end of the week. Cards can be sent in care of:

Dominion Distribution

7224 Muholland Drive

Los Angeles, Ca 90068




Please do not send flowers to this address.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola, Rob!

My best to the missus and a speedy, happy & healthy recovery.

Steven Prazak
Atlanta

May 7, 2008 at 7:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool, nice to know things are going as planned for Sonya.

Hope things get even better for you guys

May 7, 2008 at 9:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My best wishes for you and Sonya. So good to hear the good news.
I was wondering, if We want to send you something via e-mail...where do we have to do it?
Because I'm from Argentina so it's a bit hard send something from here via traditional mail.

Gaston Gimenez
Buenos Aires, Argentina

May 7, 2008 at 3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rob n Sonya,
Hey Glad to hear Sonya's doing better!
Scary thing to go through but you've made it this far, there's nothing standing in the way that you two can't overcome!
My love and best wishes to you both, Lori in West Palm Beach
(uber fan) :)

May 7, 2008 at 11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings. Glad to know all went "not too bad".
I'm pretty sure Sonya will recover quickly.
Anyway I'm with you spiritually and mentally!

Cheers

Stéphane from France.

May 8, 2008 at 1:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I´m very happy to see that everything went OK.

I hope Sonya will recover completely soon.

My best wishes to both of you from Spain.

May 8, 2008 at 4:04 PM  
Blogger Chris Mudryk said...

Hi Rob! I'm a big fan, and I'm glad to hear that Sonya's alright Rob. I hope that she'll make a speedy recovery!

May 9, 2008 at 7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sonya , Hope you are well!!!!!! God-willing!!!!Be Careful!!!!and Be Safe!!!!!!

May 10, 2008 at 7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey rob i hope ur wife turn out fine nd i had a friend that die with cancer

May 11, 2008 at 12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Rob and Sonya. Glad to know all is going well. I just wanted to tell you of a website that has helped me understand the body and disease a lot better than before. It's called www.thedoctorwithin.com. It's not a typical medical blog; it's chock full of information on myriad topics. I hope it can help you on your path to recovery, Sonya as well as true health and well-being for your friends and family. Have a great day!
Laurence (LLO525Star@aol.com)

May 11, 2008 at 3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rob

I'm an italian fan that gives you his best wishes for this fight that Sonya is having. C'mon guys, you will win for sure!

William

May 12, 2008 at 6:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a 2 time cancer survivor, so I know the disease well. It can be a rough road, but just keep your head held high and things will get better. I wish the best for Sonya and the rest of the family.

May 12, 2008 at 7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home