Friday, February 22, 2008

Off to the Wonder Con!

Greetings everybody! I hope your energy is up!

Are you guys following Kimbo Slice? I have been for awhile and his fight with Tank Abbott went just about as I expected. Damn, Kimbo hits hard! Look him up on youtube and watch the street fights that made him famous and got him to where he is in MMA!
Congratulations to Frank Mir. That is one hell of an expert and master of his style! I'm even more impressed with him after seeing that beautiful knee bar he executed on Brock. Everyone seems to be saying the same thing about that fight. Brock was completely dominating and out of no where, it seems, he was caught in the submission.


Let's not forget, with no disrespect to Mir, the referee made a shitty, shitty call by standing both guys up and even taking a point away from Brock for striking to the back of the head. Brock did, while Frank was rolling around, but that happens every fight and you never see a point being taken away, especially with no warning! I bet many of you are remembering now, huh? I'm just saying that we will never know what would have happened if that horrible call wasn't made when Brock was pounding on him.


Did you guys catch Paul Heyman's new web site show "Heyman Hustle"? From what he says, he wants to show the real side of celebrities who are known for their game face. Sounds a lot like the inspiration behind RVD TV from that perspective. Anyways, it's Paul-so check it out! The Heyman Hustle

By the way, the response to RVD TV has been awesome! The members support started out great and has grown continually , which rocks because I've been having a lot of fun with this project. You'll see a lot more of Justin McCully, as he’s so behind RVD TV he's all over it- planning, filming, directing, editing and kicking ass, with a LOT of laughs.


You might have seen the article I wrote in this month's Cannabis Culture Magazine. This book is exactly the right place and the right time to tell it like it is. I do have something to share with you, to help you understand the "gateway " theory. Masturbation leads to rape. Ten out of ten rapists were asked if they tried masturbating first and they all said yes. This is a stupid formula, right? Thank you.


I'll be in San Francisco this weekend at the Wonder Con. Stop by Friday-Sunday and get your geek on! WonderCon :: What's New


People have been asking for some proof of authenticity with the autographed items from other wrestlers, available at 5 Star Comics. We obtained those photos and things back when the physical store was open and I had monthly guests in there. There's no tracking down proof for you, but if it comes from my store...C'mon! Do you gotta ask these stars if they know me?


I get asked what I drive, sometimes, and I realize that you could benefit from knowing that I drive a hybrid. I love my car. It's a 4 door with plenty of room. It doesn't look funny. It looks just like the other Camrys. The difference is- I drove it off the lot for 465 miles before it needed gas. It feels like driving other cars and I forget that it's a hybrid and still love it. Take that for what it's worth.


Here's what I'm leaving with you today. I recently watched a special on women trapped in slavery in the U.S. Of course it's even worse in other countries sometimes but there are slaves here that feel hopeless to their circumstances. They arrive expecting a job as a waitress. After they are told to surrender their passports and identifications, they are sent to a place where they passed around the room, repeatedly rapped and broken down. Then they are rented out or sold to pay back the enormous debts they are told they now owe for the flight and accommodations. They work, afraid to tell anyone in fear of their families being murdered. It's pretty bad. While I was watching this, and comparing it to men I know who think being a "pimp" is cool, I felt angry. I also couldn't help but entertain the thought of how impossible it would be to control men this way. Men would fight and run and protest.
Here's a question for all males reading this. Have you ever...ever, really wondered what it would be like going through life as the weaker sex? Can you imagine knowing that most likely, you could be taken advantage of if the men around you were not decent people?


I know, some of you ladies are strong, and some guys are pretty weak. If this is the case with you, just own it and stop trying to steal people's energy. On the tv show Blind Date, you always see guys wrestling with women they just met, and they're serious! Whether they're rolling on the ground or boxing or whatever, the guy REALLY wants the girl to know that he is the dominate one! Quit being such an a-hole and help the lady up! Establishing dominance is a control factor used to take someone's energy to make up for a lack of self-esteem. When you're in balance, you don't need to take people's energy. You even try to give them energy, which raises your energy by doing so. Awareness is the key. Notice next time you're trying to take someone's energy...and stop it. Ladies who want to beat guys up because they got some masculinity where others have feminine qualities -this goes for you too. Competition is different. That's where you exercise your challenges and grow from it. Some ladies might be offended by being called the weaker sex. Face it, men are designed to be physically stronger and unless you are an exception, you live your life knowing this.


When I have a problem with an individual, I naturally think of physicality as a means to solve the issue. This is so natural, that I’m surprised when I’m reminded that not all men think this way. Now, to think of being a female, and never thinking from that perspective, seems very unnatural to me. Females must live their entire lives viewing the world from a woman’s point of view. Personally, I pull over to help push cars out of intersections when I see that a female is at the mercy of the stalled vehicle. I do the same for a dude if he needs help. I’m not saying you should all go to this extreme, but if you don’t feel like you should have to hold the door open for her, just check and make sure it’s not because you resent her for getting special treatment. If you’re hating on women because nothing would ever come between you and your bro’s, you should probably check and see if you’re gay.
Men who beat women are as tough and respectable as men who beat children.


Okay, I’m off to the Wonder Con. Feel good everybody!

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog RVD, I agree with pretty much everything you said. Can't wait for your next entry.

Have fun at Wonder Con!

February 22, 2008 at 4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow rvd guess ill see you@ WM24

February 23, 2008 at 9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hwy rock van dam,
iam big fan of u

wwe is boring now, esp shawn micahesl i think he shud retire an not get beatup. also i want ur predictions on kimbo vs brcock lrsnar
its gonna happen soon

also ur predictions on kimbo vs ken shamrock

and wiill u fght kimbo in ecw?

February 24, 2008 at 11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats some deep stuff, expecially about women. I'm a guy, and it really made me think about what women go through, or could go through.

February 24, 2008 at 12:11 PM  
Blogger JAYLTEAVI said...

Hi Rob,Well i saw Kimbo Slice and he looks intimidating,He good give brock
some trouble. He praticaly is as big as brock except he a bit smaller, Brock is still bigger,but it probally seems that this guy hits harder.Tank
Abott is kind of old for fighting,even though, i believe that
all these fighters future health are in jeopardy.Many which could end up being like Ali.I agree in some or all what you said last time about people wanting to see to fighters beat each other up. i believe people are always looking for that type of Mike Tyson fighter .
A guy who seems unbeatable and destroys all his opposition.But as time has shown no one is unbeatable

We are all human and some may be better than others in some way .
But no one is unbeatable. Especially as father time catches up to someone it's easier to be beaten.

Anyway i heard your going to be in Trash Talking Radio Show, so i'll
pass the word here just in case it my pass some of your fans by,before
you actually talk there.Where to listen? I'll get they'll have to figure it out just like my self.

Well Rob see you soon even though
you can't see all your fans;you know we're all out there and waiting to see you back in wrestling when ever that might be.
Probally when you get your smile back? just kidding i know you found it in your home with your love ones
and out of the freaking road and planes.So remember that again and keep on enjoying you home time.

Till next from probally your biggest fan J.L.-T.V,take care ,bye.

February 24, 2008 at 9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nihao RVD-san,

Many sincere thanks to you and SVD-san for your collective kindness, it was a great and slightly unexpected honor to meet you both at Wondercon. You're very sweet people and the energy between you two was lovely to observe. I had to remind myself that you're both so accustomed to meeting strangers, that what was a big deal to me was not to you. As I've mentioned in the past, those of us who are not so accustomed to happiness - when we finally are happy, it makes us a little nervous. That sounds awkward, I'm sure but that's the way it is. Thanks for putting up with my awkwardness. Oh and no worries, I'll be sure to save up for RVD TV once I have more stable internet access.

Once again, my belief has been re-enforced. These things we call 'coincidence'. I mean, I couldn't have planned to attend Wondercon. Honestly, I only learned of the event a few hours beforehand... I'd only been in the area a few days... Yet it worked out so very well.

Kind of interesting that of all the people there, RVD-san, you were the only one with empty tables on either side. Clearly, even the Wondercon admin realized that no one could compete with you - quite a compliment, really. May I ask who the quiet gentlemen with the camera was? Was that Mr. Justin? Were you filming an episode for RVD TV? Please forgive my curiousity, I shouldn't be so nosy. Hope that Wondercon was good to all of you. And if you managed to catch any of the other major events going on in the city that weekend - hope that was fun too.

In my humble opinion, to call women the weaker sex... Is only accurate if you measure weakness in terms of physical strength alone.

Also.... In my own experience and limited understanding... Those who commit such acts as abuse are frequently former victims of it. A child who is abused and survives has learned that abuse is acceptable and perhaps even desirable and so they grow up to abuse others. The males that you say would fight and protest such treatment, maybe they didn't have that option when they were younger. Because it becomes a question of where did the person learn that abuse is an acceptable social interaction, doesn't it? What was done to a person that compels them to act this way towards others? Granted, I have noticed that females who survive abuse tend to be less violent, generally they react with neglect or verbal abuse (especially in terms of blaming themselves...) more often than becoming physical. But females are also far more likely to seek counseling and care, and to gradually to break the cycle. Males... I don't know. Sometimes it worries me, the way that males view counseling as a whole. I wonder if abuse against males of all age groups is far more common than we know but merely goes unreported due to issues of ego?

Most females, at least, have a reasonable amount of available resources for addressing and correcting flaws. Women do not view asking for help as some kind of sin. Even in terms of physical strength, women are improving their balance. There are an increasing numbers of dojos that specialize in self-defense, several of which are run for and by females. Like this place: http://www.impactbayarea.org/

The best way to sum it up, I suppose, is to refer to the aura. Males have the pressure point in the place of the third eye, center of the forehead. Females have the pressure point on the rib cage, near the heart. This is the physical place you will feel a tug or an ache, when your spirit wanders. Such is the natural gender bias in the alignment of our intuitions and energy. Men follow their heads, women follow their hearts... Who is to say, then, which is truly weaker? *shrugs*

However you are quite correct about physical strength as a means of establishing dominance. Sad, isn't it, that men could feel so insecure? Do they honestly view these girls as threats to their self-esteem or something? Hrm. I hope that most women do not spend their lives in fear of what men could do to them... It is definitely a point of awareness, practically subconscious... But not something to dwell upon. The world is full of hazards but without obstacles, how do we find our limits?

That's enough rambling for now. Please take care.

Courage and Peace!

~CalmMountain

February 28, 2008 at 4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read your cannabis culture interview, great stuff. Very insightful and interesting, hope to peep more reefer-related articles in the future!

February 29, 2008 at 6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello rvd.
I am from IRAN.
I can not speak english but the people in iran like rvd.
I like you very well and my brothers like you very much
I have one question from you
Are you in wwe?
do you come back to wwe or ecw?(excuseme i can not speak english very well)

March 2, 2008 at 9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Rob !!!
Awesome blog, I did see the Brock fight and after seeing those clubbing blows with that sheer strength he has I belive he might of won that fight. The point deduction with no warning at all did seem harsh. I dont watch many MMA fights I used too watch Bashido"the way of the warrior" It was on years ago and one of our favorites was Gary Albright with his devestating german suplexes!! I never knew of his passing but it's one long haired ledgend I'll really miss.
I got Cannabus Culture Imported from the States coz I couldn't find it here in Australia. Compaired to your 1st interview with High Times it was far more insightful & I did laugh when I red about the passing of the doobie and missing your entrance music. Your honesty about everything made me read it twice as not one Australin TV sports show told me that major US sports stars have openly said they use pot. Good for them!!! Maybe such strong stands will make those rule makers finally listen.
I also red your words on the slave trade of today, I think I saw something close to that on a doco called America exposed? Either way it was a harsh & terrifying wake up to what is still happening out there. I still hold open doors for people and say please and thank you, but more and more I hear ..A gentleman, their a so few of you left...
Thanks Again for the new blog, that guy from Oz, Stew_

March 5, 2008 at 5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First off, I just want to say that I became a fan of you when my buddy turned me on to ECW, which was on the Prime network at about 1:30 on Saturday mornings. My first vision was Dreamer getting chokeslammed off the stage, Taz's T-Bone Taz Plex and of course, the Van Daminator. I was immediately a fan of the alternative movement that didn't insult the fan's intelligence, and gave them PURE BALLS TO THE WALLS ACTION! The respect that the fans reciprocated was almost equally entertaining. DAMN, ECW was the shit.

That being said, I will not go into how sad it is about WWE slowly burying the name of what I just spoke about, I just read a "rumor" about Ring of Honor (the promotion that I would consider the closest thing to the old ECW flavor) holding a show at Hammerstein Ballroom.

My question to you is pretty obvious. If you want to address that in your next blog, I believe a lot of people would love to hear your take.

I was anRVD mark from the start, and the more insight I get into you as a person makes me a Mega RVD MARK!!! Keep it up man!!! You are inspiring a lot of people!

March 7, 2008 at 5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Rob
Good blog hope you come back at wrestlemania in the money in the bank match or the ecw championship battle royal ho knows

March 13, 2008 at 2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! Glad to hear from you again. I appreciate very much your high regards for women. No, I am not offended being called the weaker sex because you're right, men were built to be stronger, and supposedly, they should not aim to be the more dominant one. And strong women as well. I'm just sad I can't watch RVD TV but I'm sure it rocks.

Panthera Tigris

March 15, 2008 at 1:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not sure whether you’d seen this already, thought it might be good for a laugh. Guess that a couple of chaps from Oz went through a lot of the presidential speeches in order to edit this together.

George Bush Sings Imagine: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1847778207986315796

March 15, 2008 at 2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know every single freakin' time I comment on here, I drag it back into the realm of criminology as that's what I'm studying, but again, you hit the nail on the head, as per usual.
I'm currently working as part of a sexual assault recovery team, and the entire goal is to only do a 50/50 program with the victim. It's easy to overpower some women and enable them to be weak by making all their decisions for them, but if they have no help in dealing with one of the most painful situations they can be in, it damages their ability to rise back up just the same.
And as a chick who ALWAYS used to be the first to volunteer to kick some guy's ass in an effort to prove how tough she was, some of us do grow out of that and get comfortable enough as a person, not just as a gender.
As soon as I'm somewhere with speakers, I'm all up on that new Paulie shit.
Thanks-
Bree

March 17, 2008 at 1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home