Wednesday, March 21, 2007

That said, and now saying this...

Hello everybody. I hope good health is with you. I hope that continues to be the case.

So, what's up? Heard about "The Secret?" It's a DVD and book (I recommend watching the DVD first) that explain how to get the most out of life, if you can be positive. It's not for everyone, so if you're one of those people who thinks it's a bunch of crap, I've used the Law of Attraction my whole life and preached it to those who would listen. So consider me one of those crazy people like the fools talking to you on the DVD. Anyway, RVD recommends it for the spiritually inclined.

If you haven't made your mind up to go see 300 or not...dude, do it! That was the most kick-ass movie I've seen in a long time. I don't even know what to compare to it. If the commercial doesn't get you excited than maybe forget seeing it but the trailer pumped me up and the movie did NOT let me down!

Congrats to my good friend and trainer Justin McCully, who gets his big chance to show what he's got on UFC's Fight Night, April 5th. Justin's got a lot. He trains Tito, as well as many others, and you see him in Tito's corner on the pay per views but I've been waiting for his opportunity to be in the spot light for some time. Do us proud JMC! I know you will.

You guys hear about this lady's situation?

SAN FRANCISCO — A woman whose doctor says marijuana is the only medicine keeping her alive can face federal prosecution on drug charges, a federal appeals court ruled Wednesday.

The ruling was the latest legal defeat for Angel Raich, a mother of two from Oakland suffering from scoliosis, a brain tumor, chronic nausea and other ailments who sued the federal government pre–emptively to avoid being arrested for using the drug. On her doctor's advice, Raich eats or smokes marijuana every couple of hours to ease her pain and bolster her appetite.

The latest legal twist once again highlighted the conflict between the federal government, which declares marijuana an illegal controlled substance with no medical value, and the 11 states allowing medical marijuana for patients with a doctor's recommendation.

The Supreme Court ruled against Raich two years ago, saying medical marijuana users and their suppliers could be prosecuted for breaching federal drug laws even if they lived in a state such as California where medical pot is legal.


Confused? Okay, here's the deal, which, everyone should know. There are state laws, and then there are the Federal laws, which over rule all the states and their laws. Sounds silly, but there you go. In 1988, the DEA's own administrative law judge ruled that cannabis, or "pot", should be classified as a schedule 2 controlled substance because it has medicinal value. The Feds felt and still feel that it has no medicinal value and taught me and everyone else that it belongs classified with acid and heroin. We have 11 states that have legalized medical marijuana, and this lady lives in the first of the states to start the movement in 1996 but the Federal Government still says no. Even though they currently give it to 7 people who were part of a program they shut down, they still deny that marijuana has any theraputic value.

They've gone to great lengths to defend this law and have since it came into effect in 1937 because marijuana was "the most violence causing drug we have in America". I'm pretty sure most people know this is bullshit today, but nobody really cares that much about the 7 billion dollars of our tax money that's spent each year on fighting pot, so consider Angel Raich. Keep in mind that while you can overdose on everything from alcohol to caffeine to aspirin, you can not take a lethal dose of MJ. It's never been done and it's not possible. Hey, don't get mad at me, these are just facts. For more information I suggest you google MPP and look at their web site. Parents and kids and everyone else please acknowledge that children should not partake in cannabis use. That is my position and I do take the responsibility to heart. Recreational and material are two other uses for the plant that we are not discussing at this moment so let's not.

If you read any comments on anything other than RobVanDam.com or my 5starcomics myspace, it's not me. It's a poser.

What else? New Zealand was an awesome international trip. I learned that a lot of fans over there read from this site so I want them to know they rock!

Today, we go to Mexico. This will be my Mexican debute so I'm hoping that I'll be over huge. You know, like I am everywhere else!

That said, and now saying this. See ya!

TWFS,
RVD

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's the THING, dude...
I think you're a scientist.
You cannot prove something unless you research it.
But there are instances that you're too good to warn youth about Mary Jane.
I also think you can be a good adviser about drugs....

I thought you're only handsome.
Now I realize that you've got that latent skill with you aside from wrestling and acting---you're clever.

cacti_underscore@yahoo.com

April 26, 2007 at 5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It' too bad you ain't the real RVD but your sites rock anyway!!

May 8, 2007 at 3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

RVD,
Thanks for posting that article about that sick lady in California, it is BULLSHIT our government focuses so much on pot when, cigarettes kill hundreds of thousands of people everyday along with alcohol, and of course you know everybody pops pills, but its "OK" because your DR. gives them to you , that is BULLSHIT, I know you have a very busy schedule because you are THE WHOLE FUCKING SHOW and one of the greatest of all times thank you for doing what you do keeping"REAL"
wrestling fans like me entertained
i know your contract is up in a couple of months and your probably not coming back and for that i just wanted to say thank you. KEEP IT BLAZED RVD 4:20 BABY.

May 8, 2007 at 3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just read your comments on the Chris Benoit incident and i'd like to say i think you are right with your comments.. I didnt know Chris but from what i have headrd of him from others is he truly was a man to look up to and NOT the monster being portrayed by everyone WWE - included. I hope to switch onto TNA and see the true ECW original flying high, kicking ass and taking names, i hope they treat you better than the WWE ever have.
Much respect RVD..
Peace out!!!

June 29, 2007 at 8:22 AM  
Blogger BSM said...

To whom may be known as "The Whole F'N Show",

Thank you for the great performances in ECW and WWE. I'll never forget when I ordered my first ECW PPV event in 2000 when you returned from injury to wrestle Jerry Lynn. I had heard about the legend, but had never seen the legend in the ring. After watching that match I knew who was my new favorite wrestler!
Congrats on all your success and best wishes to you and yours. Look forward to seeing more of...The WHOLE....FUCKIN'......SHOW!!

Regards,
Barrett Marvin
bear12241981@yahoo.com

June 29, 2007 at 6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's funny you know, I used to really look up to you, I was a huge fan. Up until I found out about you, you know what i'm talking about. I brought my little bro up and told him what a great guy you were, that you were cool and would never do anything stupid. he adored and admired you so much, but then when you went to court I had to explain why and he was so heartbroken about it.

I know you probably don't care, and I don't expect you too, and I know you know its not your problem and I know that. I just wanted to tell you why such a stupid thing that is not necessary to breath, and live and love breaks the hearts of little kids that want to be just like you.

Yeah not everyones perfect but explain that to 8 year kid who has been taught that it is wrong and unnecessary. Now he looks up to CM Punk, no prizes for guessing why.

It's your life, I'm not saying what you can and can't do, don't get me wrong, but you are being false telling people all that crap about what you live for and believe in, you're the poser, people like that don't do shit like that.

July 4, 2007 at 11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why aren't you on Ecw?But any way you are the whole f'n show!

November 6, 2007 at 5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rob Van Dam I think you are the best ECW wrestler I've ever seen.I wonder why you are no longer wrestling?You are like my F'N role-Model,Dude!I seriously wish you would come over my house,I bet you are wondering if you are currently reading this that is this a man or a F'n fan.Well...I am a fan who likes you're wrestling style,but Im a 9!Year old boy!i hope your tv show starts very soon!I like it when you say (I'm gonna get the FUCK!Out of here!)Why you are not the best ECw wretsler I've ever seen You are the best wretsler I have ever I mean ever seen PERIOD!

November 6, 2007 at 5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home