Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Goodbye, Mike Awesome...

Greetings readers. I hope everyone reading this is great…but what are the odds of that? Hmm.

I've said this many times and I'll likely say it many more. The longer you live the more friends and acquaintances you'll see pass on. This week we say goodbye to Mike Awesome. I spent time back in the old ECW with Mike and in WWE in 2001 we shared a car together, often with Shawn Stasiak. I definitely considered him a friend and miss him already.

I don't have much time so let me drop a few notes and get out of here.

Did you go see Ghost Rider yet? I enjoyed it and don't mind the changes they made to adapt the story to the screen. Of course, I would have done a few things differently, but that's almost always the case. They have put so many new Ghost Rider collectibles out I'm running out of room in my Ghost Rider room!

Heroes is back on and still probably my favorite show to watch when I see what Tivo's got in store for me when I get home.

I've been seeing a lot of footage on the news lately about kids beating other kids up. They're jumping them, outnumbering them and beating the crap out of them. This is stupid for so many reasons. In real life, if you hit someone in the face, you might cave it in. You think that person deserves to have wire mesh holding their face together for the rest of their life because you're a stupid kid that doesn't consider consequences? If watching wrestling, or action movies, or whatever makes you want to test yourself, go ahead. Do it in a controlled environment with people who actually want to compete as well. That's what makes you tough- not surprising victims who you know you can take.

Out of time so I'll be back with an update in a few days. Peace. RVD

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ou were so crazy, but I still like you despite every negativity... You're the best. Hope to keep in touch.

April 26, 2007 at 5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey RVD,

I feel bad because so many young wrestlers are dying and when they are close to you I know its even harder.

Anyway, I would like to know how you can be so calm and easy going. I wish I had that trate "well being in Information Technology field its very hard to keep your cool - especially when users bitch at you"

I'm glad you had a safe trip back from your tour in Europe which I would understand being hard. I went to WWE.com and saw you with a kid that you found wearing RVD gear that you sought from the crowd. I thought that was really nice and cool which is one of the reasons why I like and respect you so much.

Anyway take care and I hope you get back in the swing of things quickly from coming back from Europe.

Take Care, can't wait to see another blog entry. I love hearing from you.

April 27, 2007 at 7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YHey r.v.d the young wrestlers dying is a sad thing to see and it hurts more when they are close and it seems this year that is all it is deaths or injury's but wrestling was good too this year ....

with that said it seems ecw sorta took a downfall due to vince I mean you said it your self " ecw used to stand for something " it doesn't anymore I mean it does when you hit the ring ( along with the other ecw originals ) but this b.s. of bobby and vice fighting over who is champ is pointless what is the most extreme thing you seen bobby or vince do ??? this is nothing that is even near the things you used to due !!!!

June 4, 2007 at 11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey RVD im [XXX]crusader(BULLDOG PRIDE) on myspace i left u a message i hope u get it how are u doing ur goin to be able to wrestle right wen ur ready to go i say u go beat the holly high }{3!! out of orton he deserves it

June 7, 2007 at 10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home